Tuesday, December 20, 2016

What superheroes would say about Huck Finn

Superheroes would have many different opinions of Huckleberry Finn.  And here is what they hypothetically could have been:

Iron Man: Well, Huck is a stupid character. I mean, come on, make up your mind kid, are you a good guy or a bad guy. I mean Jim was an idiot, but at least you know he had a sense of morality. The real heroes of this story are the Duke and the Dauphin. I mean the guys scammed a whole town and made some serious money! Now that's genius.

Spiderman- I don't know man I just read it for school.

Captain America- Personally, I commend Huck for making tough decisions in morally difficult situations. Society's standards have taught him one thing, but he uses his feeling and experiences to make decisions he believes is right. I believe we saw a boy turn into a man.

Batman- I didn't like Tom. The boy was a villain. He craved the thrill of adventure so much that he would risk the lives if others for his own personal pleasure.He reminds me of the Joker.

Superman- I think every character had good in them. I believe Tom was just misunderstood, and he did not mean harm to those around him. He was the product of his upbringing. And in the end I think we should all have sympathy for those kind of children. In regards, to the Duke and the Dauphin, well obviously they did not have enough confidence to be who they really were. We should have allowed them to be rehabilitated through therapy.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technology is not my friend today, sorry! I really enjoy the way you used the differing superheroes and their own individual backstories to create perspectives on Huck Finn that I wouldn't have seen before. I wonder if they could ever debate about their views, it would be pretty funny.

      Delete
  2. If they ever did debate those views, I would have to believe that Iron man would win, although Spiderman brings up some pretty valid points. Huck needs to decide whether he is going to be good or evil, he is always changing his mind and how he acts. One second Jim is his friend and the next he is messing around with him along with Tom. Just get your act together Huck.

    ReplyDelete